The European and National Programs sector provides technical assistance in the field of transport to the Italian Ministry of Sustainable Infrastructures and Mobility for the evaluation and monitoring of EU and national investment and financing programmes:
- Implementation of the European Core Network Corridors (CNCs) for Transport and of the Rail freight Corridors (RFCs);
- Maritime Spatial Planning (MSP);
- Development and implementation of various initiatives in the framework of EU and/or national programmes, among which the EUSAIR strategy;
- Supporting the development of the European Shortsea Network (ESN) as national Shortsea Shipping Promotion Center (SPC Italy);
Moreover, the European and National Programs Sector is directly involved in the management and monitoring of European and national projects awarded to RAM also in the capacity of partner and/or implementing body of the Italian Ministry of Sustainable Infrastructures and Mobility.
Furthermore, the European and National Programs sector carries out the following activities as well:
- Institutional relations with the European Commission and the competent National Authorities;
- Monitoring of the Euro-Mediterranean policies and of the publication of EU Directives and Regulations;
- Participation to the public consultations of the European Commission in the field of transport, climate and energy;
- Cooperation projects with universities and research centers.