The objective of this Action (Project Coordinator: Igoumenitsa Port Authority) is to contribute to the development of the Motorways of the Sea in the Adriatic-Ionian region; in particular, to upgrade the MoS between the ports of Trieste, Ancona and Igoumenitsa, and to increase the capacity of the dry-port of Fernetti.
Therefore, the Adri-UP Action aims to develop the port and logistics infrastructures in order to enhance the MoS in the Adriatic-Ionian corridor and create connections with the three corridors of the TEN-T core network: Bac, Scan-Med and Orient-East Med.
More specifically, the following activities will be carried out:
- Development of the dry-port of Igoumenitsa;
- Enhancement of the road links between the dry-port and the port of Igoumenitsa;
- Technical and environmental studies for the upgrading of railway infrustructure and for the new RO/PAX terminal of the Port of Ancona;
- Functional and technical restructuring of Pier VI in the Port of Trieste;
- Electrification of the internal railway infrastructure and upgrading the warehouses of the dry-port of Fernetti.
This project (end date: December 20th 2020) will contribute to the development of the Motorways of the Sea between Italy and Greece, including the traffic flows from/to East Mediterranean Countries, with significant benefits in terms of reduction of the road transport negative aspects and qualitative and quantitative development of intermodal connections within the ports involved.